Dear EDRCC member,


I hope you are all making the most of the current glorious weather, its starting to remind me of 1976. It is because of the weather that I am contacting you.

Due to the lack of rain for such a long time there is now a huge imminent risk of fire on Woodbury Common. I have been advised by CDE that the risk is now so great that they request that we cease ALL flying activities.

Any model with a BATTERY for either Propulsion or Radio Control has a high risk potential, as does both Methanol and Petrol.

It is with regret that I therefore have decided to Close The Club Flying Site, (and that includes the entire Common), to ALL forms of powered flying including unpowered Radio Control models until further notice.

CDE will be monitoring the situation and so will I.

I am in the process of negotiating permission from other clubs to fly at their sites while ours is unavailable. Meanwhile I shall appreciate your full cooperation and patience until we receive the all-clear, which I hope will be soon but down to the weather gods.

Our club website NEWS page will be updated with changes as they arise and I shall send a further notice when we get the all-clear.

If you have any questions please e-mail or call me. (Phone No. on reverse of membership card).

Thank you.

Best wishes and hopes for some rain,

Felix Marten ( Chairman; East Devon Radio Control Club )

Jump to Toolbar